Electric Motorcycle Conversion
I love electric vehicles and decided to make an all electric motorbike.
My name is Jaimyn Mayer, and I’m a 22 year old from Brisbane, Australia. I’m interested in all sorts of technology, especially electric vehicles!
In December 2019, I decided to convert an internal combustion engine motorcycle to an all electric drive train. This website is an attempt at documenting the process from start to finish.
The ultimate goals of this project include:
- Converting a petrol powered motorcycle to a high performance, all electric drivetrain
- Designing and building a modular battery pack
- Designing and building a motorcycle control system and implementing modern day electronic features such as:
- Keyless entry (unlock with a smart phone/smart watch)
- Cruise control
- Automatic speed limit recognition
- Remote GPS tracking, charge state, horn/light triggering, etc.
- Built in dash cam
WHAT I'M ALL ABOUT
01. MAKE SOMETHING AWESOME
My main goal is to make something awesome!
02. OPEN SOURCE
The open source movement enables makers all over the world to build really cool things, and I want to be part of that.
I’m working with very high powered electronics, a very fast and powerful motorcycle, and lots of potentially dangerous electronics and power tools. Therefore, I always aim to be safe and to promote safety.