I’ve done some more work on the battery cage and it’s nearly finished. I’ve cut out, bent and riveted all of the front and rear aluminium sheet now. Soon I can start working on sealing all of the edges and corners with automotive grade silicon to try and reduce water ingress. As we all know electricity + water = bad.
The top was a bit challenging as I needed a way to access the internal area so that I can install the batteries and for maintenance etc. To achieve this, I decided to hinge the front top section so that it can be easily opened when the battery cage is removed from the bike. I need to source some rubber edging to help seal the gaps from water ingress.
I’ve made some progress on processing my recycled battery cells too. I’m about 50% of the way there so I’m getting closer. The PCBs I ordered for my battery discharger are now on their way, and all of the components I was waiting on have now arrived. I’m hoping to get at least one of these assembled in the next couple of weeks and start writing some of the software!
That’s all for now! Stay tuned for more work next week where I’m aiming to finish off the the other half of the top lid and source some rubber edging to help seal the gaps around the lid.